miércoles, 6 de agosto de 2008

Selections: Post 90s

And why not begin early with the posts on music? I was born just at the far edge of the 1980's.... a 90's child, really. I grew up listening to classical music, and then spoiling my mind with pop and rap, only to rot it further with the bitterness of rock and metal. It wasn't until way after the Y2K crisis that I began enjoying the ripe tunes of good old post-punk and darkwave and deathrock. Here is a collection of memories I cherish.



Interview of a very young Siouxie, right at the start of her musical career.



Arabian Knights, the very first song I discovered by Siouxie and the Banshees.



David Bowie... it's hard to choose a single song by the master! Choosing this for the awesomely bizarre and sleazy vid! [Ashes to Ashes]



Classic Pixies... I just love the rawness of video quality. [Ed is Dead]



The song that Inspired the name for this blog! Bauhaus need no introduction! (do they?) [She's in Parties]



Kommunity FK - Something inside me has died: Would have loved to roam the great deathrock scene of the 80's!

No hay comentarios: