miércoles, 6 de agosto de 2008

So sorry to start off with a bland, sickly dull note... it's just how it is. Summer for me is like a nightmare: The sun burns intensely more so than any other time of the year, and the holidays make it seem as though it's here to stay an eternity. I can't stress the word hate enough while referring to summer time. The heat, the boredom is felt three times stronger, the weight falling upon bending shoulders. Vacation lasts three whole months, which to some is a blessing. Nope, not for me. I always grow impatient to get to school after the first month is gone. Luckily school's not too far away now.

During these days filled with tediousness, I have spent 85% of the time in front of my desktop PC, surfing the web for things to keep me from insanity, or contributing to it's growth. I've discovered the wonders of book trade through pages like Bookins, and BookMooch. The latter, I recommend deeply. In the mail I've received Kathy Acker's Pussy, King of the Pirates; Clive Barker's Books of Blood vol. 1-3; and Darcey Steinke's Suicide Blonde. I'm awaiting to receive: Will Self's Cock and Bull, William Burroughs' Naked Lunch, Bret Easton Ellis' American Psycho,
Jacqueline Susann's Valley of the Dolls, and Chuck Palahniuk's Survivor. That'll be my reading list for the rest for the year. Literary gold!

In addition to paperback trade sites, I've been frequently dwelling over Dennis Cooper's blog. Cooper is a very interesting man and writer, and it's worth every minute spent to read everything he creates. To those of you who are not familiar with his work, I do advise going into it with an open mind, expecting themes as morally transgressive as can be!

I've yet to see The Dark Knight, which many people have urged me to see, but still I feel the need to go to the EASTPOINT theater and catch The Midnight Meat Train beforehand... and speaking of films, I'm utterly excited for my Introduction to Film class in the Valle Verde campus, which is another reason why I can't wait to get back to school!

Last movie seen: XXY
Currently playing: Emilie Autumn - The Art of Suicide
Currently reading: Chuck Palahniuk's Rant

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Wow you have no only make me open o new films but also music ^-^ i love your style Aldo please never lose it. I don't like that much this one... but i don't reject it either ^-^